Back to homepage
me an e-mail
HemoLab Software (now
cited in Nature Medicine)
Here you can download the current version of the HemoLab
16.0 (October 14, 2012)
HemoLab Seminar (August 10-12,
The setup file includes:
All programs are written for MS-Windows.
- A Data Aquisition software (WinAD) NEW: WinAD works with DI-145,
DI-155 from DATAQ
- The Analyzer software (Analyzer) NEW: Analyzer can read DSI, WinDaq, and EndoPAT
- A Batch Processor (Batch Processor)
- A statistics software (WinStat, Windows port of the Linux
- Hemolab Manual
- WinStat Manual
- FastPicTeX, a preprocessor for PiCTeX. PiCTeX is a package
LaTeX designed for typesetting graphical material with LaTeX. The
newest version of WinStat can write FastPicTeX files. A manual for
FastPicTeX is included with HemoLab.
- Imager, a software for interactive analysis of images (and
movies). Still under development.
here to receive an
new versions of Hemolab are released.
HemoLab Seminar 2012
the great success of the 2009 HemoLab Seminars in Iowa City and in
Ribera Preto, Brazil, there will be another HemoLab Seminar in Iowa City on August 10-12, 2012. The
seminar is limited to 20 participants to allow for enough time for
individual one-on-one training sessions.
Learn to use the HemoLab software! Topic include:
More Information and Registration!
- Data acquisition using WinAD
- Telemetry on a Budget using DSI's R11CPA with WinAD
- Baroreflex sensitivity using the sequence and
- Heart rate variability
- Spectral and transfer function analyses
- Pulse Wave Velocity and Augmentation Index
- Cardiac function from LV pressure signals (dP/dtmax and LV-EDP)
- Dealing with DSI Dataquest A.R.T files
- Effectively and quickly analyzing large number of data
files or long continuous recordings (e.g., telemetric recordings
of several days in individual animals) using the batch
- Added driver for DI-155 from DATAQ Instruments.
- Now WinAD can use the DI-145 and DI-149 from DATAQ Instruments.
- Now Analyzer can read EndoPAT files (*.S32).
- Added calculation of left ventricular perfusion index (see manual
- Added Pulse Wave Velocity Analysis to Analyzer
- Added a Trigger Module to WinAD
- Added derived channels based on a trigger channel.
- Minor changes to import filter for DSI waveform files.
- Added a horizontal scroll bar to the comments window.
- Added an import filter for DSI waveform files.
- Added a rudimentary Joint Symbolic Dynamics Routine to Analyzer
- Imager routines for ultrasound image analysis
- Imager has now an option for the calibration factor of slit lamps.
- Added Detrended Fluctuation Analysis (DFA) to Analyzer.
- Batch processor can derive beat-by-beat channels from arterial BP
- Analyzer can now automatically gestimate a threshold when
deriving new channels.
- Some improvements in Analyzer.
- Use double precision for Spline Interpolation in Analyzer
and Batch Processor
- Some new features in the Image Analysis software.
- Started to add an Image Analysis software.
- Added a preliminary version of a HemoLab Manual.
- Derived heart rate is now in bpm and interbeat interval in ms.
- Added Undo to Artifact Removal.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added Spline Interpolation to Batch Processor.
- Added Functionality to Batch Processor.
- Some changes in the TSA binary format. But still compatible with
old file format.
- Some improvements on how Analyzer handles beat-by-beat data.
- Some minor fixes in WinAD and Analyzer.
- Added Autoregressive Spectral Analysis to Analyzer.
- Added a driver to WinAD for an inexpensive telemetric BP
recording system (under development).
- Added Context Menu to Analyzer.
- Added new drivers for WinAD.
- Some smaller changes in the Data Acquistions software WinAD.
- Fixed some minor issues with Artifact Removal in Analyzer.
- Started writing a new driver for WinAD for a USB
- Small change in WinStat. Sorting by variables should be
- Minor bug-fixes in WinStat. Related to Wilcoxon Signed-Rank
Test and missing values.
- Some minor bug-fixes.
- Added a function to WinAD that shows digital
readouts of the recorded values.
- Added a Driver for WinAD that supports an AD converter
based on a PIC12F683 microprocessor. Some minor bug fixes.
- Minor changes in WinAD regarding regulator (option to
average input values over reset interval).
- Results can now be printed and saved from the results
window. No more need to use copy and paste (although this is still
- Added two-variable transformations to WinStat
- Minor bug fix for 2-way ANOVA with repeate/repeated
- Added one-variable transformations to WinStat
- WinStat can now do non-parametric tests (Wilcoxon and
- Batch Processor can now convert FastPicTeX files (generated
by WinStat) directly into JPG, TIF, GIF, PS, or PDF files.
- Added graphics (through FastPicTeX and LaTeX) to WinStat.
WinStat can now write FastPicTeX files that can be processed with
LaTeX. FastPicTeX is now included with HemoLab.
- Finalized ANOVAs (1-way-repeated, 1-way-independent,
2-way-independent-independent). Results of the statistical tests have
been compared and verified agains a commercial statistics software. The
results were identical with the commercial software and with WinStat.
- Added 2-way ANOVA for
independent/repeated measures and independent/independent measures.
Two-way ANOVA for repeated/repeated is still missing. Also
non-parameteric tests are still missing.
- Started a Statistics Program WinStat (for descriptive
statistics, t-tests, ANOVAs, etc.)
- Minor bug fix in Analyzer
- Added Heart Rate Variability to Batch Processor.
- Added the number of BP ramps (independent from HR ramps) to
sequence technique for baroreflex estimation.
- Small fix in WinAD
- Small bug fix related to automatically opening ASCII files
that are beat-by-beat data.
- Continued working on beat-by-beat sampled data files. Still
- Started working on beat-by-beat sampled data files to be
used for baroreflex analysis. Not working yet, but getting close ...
- Finalized transfer function support in the Batch Processor.
- Added a regulator module to WinAD. This module is
based on a PID regulator and can be used to regulate the recorded
parameters. The output of the regulator is via the parallel port or via
the DLP-IO8 device.
- Added the transfer function (with overlapping segments) to
the Batch Processor.
- Added a stimulator module to WinAD.
- Added a driver for the DLP-IO8 AD-converter. This is a
low-cost (<$30) 8-channel AD-converter that connects to the
via the USB port. Unfortunately, this device is not designed for
high-speed data acquisition. With WinAD, the highest sampling rates are
in the range of 250 Hz (for one channel) and 80 Hz for all 8 channels
simultaneously. The input range is from 0V to 5V. Information is
The device can be purchased from Mouser Electronics at:
- Added a timer to the data acquisition software WinAD that
shows for how long the recording is running. This information
shown in the status bar at the bottom of the WinAD main window. Also
fixed a small bug related to monitor mode.
- Minor bug fix, related to opening files in Analyzer by
double clicking on a data file.
- Added myhotpix to the Batch Processor and did some minor
bug fixes on
the AUC for the spectral analysis.
- The batch processor can now calculate the areas under the
curve of the
power spectra. Thus, the full power spectral analysis is now available
in the batch processor.
- Added a small command line program that makes beat-by-beat
files equidistant (mkequi).
- Added delays to baroreflex (sequence technique)
time series of the time points of the baroreflex sequences and
feed-forward sequences can be generated from the baroreflex results
- Worked on the Batch Processor. It can now calculate
under the curve for the spectra (to quantify VLF, LF, HF) are still
- Added a driver for WinAD that does not depend on DirectIO.
the Windows API functions to access the serial port. This is somewhat
slower than direct access via DirectIO. For high sampling rates
DirectIO is still recommended. However, for lower sampling rates the
Windows API functions are just fine.
- Worked on the baroreflex function. Make it more easy to
identify individual sequences. Added standard deviation of gains.
- Minor bug fix.
- Added a routine to the Batch Processor that converts
files to the PC format.
- Improved the baroreflex function of the Analyzer software.
is very easy to manually exclude "artificial" sequences from the
- Started working on a Batch Processor that will help to
generate the batch files necessary to analyze large number of data
files (e.g., all files of a complete study) all at once.
- Worked on the Data Acquisition Software. Specifically,
channels (e.g., derive HR, SYS, MEAN, DIA blood pressure online during
- Analyzer can now copy results into the Windows
clipboard and then paste them into other programs, such as
- Started to work on a still rudimentary Help File for